History
Pension Mozart
Pension Mozart is associated with almost 100 years of tradition and is near places that are of interest to tourists, who come to Vienna. Since the time of the reforms undertaken by the Kaiser Joseph in 1797, it has been in the modern Theobaldgasse. At the beginning of the 19th century Theobaldgasse 15 was known as the oldest school in the “Windmuhle”. It was the area in which the famous Ludwig van Beethoven regularly went for a walk. Names such as Joseph Haydn, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Ludwig van Beethoven and Karl Millocker (1842-1899) were well known residents in the Theobaldgasse. In 1908 the famous composer Erich Korngold (1897-1957), who became famous through his opera “The Dead City”, owned and occupied a house in this area.There is an impressive staircase construction known as the “Filigraderstiege”, built in the famous Secession style during the years 1906-1907 near Pension Mozart. This staircase and the street bearing the same name, reminds us of the bellcaster`s widow Maria Anna Filigrader (1763-1831), who lived in this area and became known for her acts of charity. The “Filigraderstiege” is also interesting from a historical and artistic point of view, as it makes the entire area very attractive through its original design. The materials of stone and cast iron used in the construction of this staircase blends itself together into a work of art. In the year 1897 Pension Mozart was bought by the Mauracher family, descendents of nobility.
Language
Language
Partner
Hotel.ru
Find us
maps.google.com



facebook.com



twitter.com
Theobaldgasse 15, 1060 Vienna, Austria | Tel: +43 1 587 85 05 | Fax: +43 1 585 75 57 | Mobile: +43 676 304 29 66
E-mail: office@pension-mozart.at
Inhaber (Owner): Hr. (Mr.) Nikola Mauracher
Mitglied der Wirtschaftskammer Wien © 2001 - 2017 Pension Mozart
Design by starlounge.at